Daters, we are US-bound! $30 Date Night is going to hit America next month and we couldn’t be more excited. We’re going to be dating our way across Vegas, New York and San Francisco in our first ever $30 Date Night Mini-Tour.
There’s a lot in store, but first and foremost we need your help.
We’re taking suggestions for the date nights we should experience while we’re over there. We want to skip the touristy stuff and get right to the heart of these great cities. The sights we see will be incidental, not the destination. But the experiences we have will be iconic.
I’ve started here by picking some great $30 Date Nights from our San Francisco and New York City Guides. We’ve also found some fun ideas for Vegas (and you can bet there’ll be a Las Vegas City Guide coming shortly).
Can you add to this for us? What can’t we miss while we’re over there? Let’s start with New York.
Comments welcomed (needed!) below.
New York Date Ideas
- Take a rowboat out in Central Park
- Picnic in Highline Park
- The Oyster Bar at Grand Central Terminal
- Staten Island Ferry (I’ve been advised to not get off at Staten Island, just come on back to Manhattan)
- Eat a Bagel (Where in NYC has the best bagels?)
- Eat a Hot Dog (Gray’s Papaya or elsewhere?)
- FAO Schwarz!
- Of course, we will be needing to do one of New York’s famous cultural landmarks… the question is, should it be the MoMA, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenheim or the Natural History Museum? I think we’ll only have time for one this time around. Which is best for a date?
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge?
- Pancakes at the Clinton Street Baking Company (voted best in the world…)
What else, what else, what else? I can’t wait to get to New York! What shouldn’t we miss out on?